Article 1 – General
Dialogic complies with legal requirements when processing your personal data. These requirements are currently the European directive nº 2016/679 dated 27th April 2016 relating to data protection (better known as ‘GDPR’) or any other statute modifying GDPR.
The party responsible for processing your personal data is Dialogic NV, Groenkraaglaan 5, 1170 Watermaal-Bosvoorde, Belgium, CBE 0429.678.227 (hereinafter referred to as Dialogic). Any requests to exercise your rights relating to your personal data should be addressed to Dialogic.
Article 2 – Personal data that we process
- Category 1: Your IP address when using our website.
- Category 2: Your name and e-mail address when subscribing to our newsletter.
- Category 3: Your (business) identity details, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and invoicing details when you ask for information about or make use of our services.
- Category 4: Your business identity details, such as your name, job title, address, professional and academic background, e-mail address and telephone number when you as the contact person are included in the context of our operations for sending targeted information to you, as a stakeholder. This data is gathered from publicly available information or by obtaining this information from you at the occasion of a personal contact.
Article 3 – Purposes of the processing
3.1. General purposes
Dialogic will only use the Personal data gathered for the following purposes:
- Category 1: We only use your IP address for the purpose of maintaining and improving our website, in such a way that your IP address may be included in anonymous statistics. The legal basis for this are the legitimate interests of Dialogic to continue improving its website.
- Category 2: Your e-mail address is used by us in order to send you our newsletter out to you.
- Category 3: Your business details are only processed in the context of providing information and
- entering into into a service agreement en delivering services under such an agreement, the legal basis of which is the contractual relationship between Dialogic and you as a customer.
- Category 4: Your professional details are only processed in the context of providing specific information to you, as a stakeholder, the legal basis for which is the legitimate interest of being able to contact you in the context of your professional activities.
3.2. Direct marketing – for Dialogic customers only
If you or your company are a customer of Dialogic, your personal data may also be used for direct marketing purposes, such as sending you promotions and information by e-mail.
The legal basis for this is the justified interest of Dialogic, the proportionality of which we will guarantee.
If you are already registered on our mailing list as a recipient of our newsletters in electronic form, Dialogic may use your data to send out direct marketing messages relating to Dialogic and its services.
Dialogic may also send you information about its customers, for indirect marketing purposes, on condition that you have given us your express additional consent to do so (“opt-in”).
This consent may be withdrawn at any time, without stating grounds and free of charge, for example by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided, which is at the bottom of every promotional e-mail message. You can also contact Dialogic via firstname.lastname@example.org, or by sending a letter to the following postal address: Groenkraaglaan 5, 1170 Watermaal-Bosvoorde (Belgium) or by using the contact form on our website.
You have the right at all times to object to this use of your data, as stated in article 5.3.
3.3. Legal requirements
In rare cases, it may be that Dialogic is required to disclose your personal data as the result of a court order or to comply with an executive law or regulation.
Dialogic will make every reasonable attempt to notify you of this, except where legal restrictions are imposed on such notification.
3.4. Shared responsibility for processing in relation to sending specific information to stakeholders
For Category 4 personal data, particularly data processed in the context of providing you with specific information, customers of Dialogic may act, where appropriate, (i) as processing controller and Dialogic as the processor, or (ii) as joint processing controller with Dialogic. In both cases you will be able, regarding your personal data that falls within this category, to contact both Dialogic and its customer to withdraw your consent or to exercise your rights under article 5.
Article 4 – Processing period
Your personal data will not be kept and processed for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the data is collected.
- Category 1: Your IP address when using our website is used for the duration of your visit to the website.
- Category 2: When you subscribe to our newsletter, your e-mail address is used for the duration of the professional relationship. In practical terms, that means we will keep this data for a maximum of 10 years.
- Category 3: Your (business) identity data will be used for the duration of the professional relationship. In practical terms, that means we will keep this data for a maximum of 3 years after the end of the service-provision agreement.
- Category 4: Your professional identity data will be used for the time during which the professional activities in question are carried out. As soon as we become aware that these activities have ceased, or at your request, we will delete this data.
Article 5 – Your rights
Under the current legislation you have certain rights in relation to your personal data. You can exercise these rights by contacting Dialogic by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, by sending a letter to the following mail address: Groenkraaglaan 5, 1170 Watermaal-Bosvoorde (Belgium) or by using the contact form on our websit
5.1. Right of access and inspection
You can request the following from Dialogic at any time: to state whether it processes your personal data, the purposes for which this data is processed, what categories of data are processed and with whom is the data shared.
5.2. Right of amendment, deletion and restriction
You have the right at any time to ask Dialogic to amend, supplement, delete or restrict the processing of your personal data.
5.3. Right of objection
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons.
You also have the right at all times to object to your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes. If this is the case, you are not required to state any reasons.
5.4. Right of free data transfer
You have the right to ask Dialogic to send your personal data to you or directly to another data processing controller, provided this is technically possible.
5.5. Right to withdraw permission
When the legal basis for the processing is your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
5.6. Automatic decisions and profiling
The processing of your personal data does not involve any profiling, nor will it be subject to automatic decisions by us.
5.7. Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority: Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This does not affect a provision before a civil court.
If you suffer harm or damage as the result of your personal data being processed, you can lodge a claim for compensation.
Article 6 – Security and confidentiality
6.1. We have developed security measures that are appropriate for avoiding, on a technical and organisational level, the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure by error to third parties of personal data, as well as any other unauthorised processing of that data.
6.2. Under no circumstances may Dialogic be held liable for any direct or indirect damage arising from the incorrect or unlawful use of personal data by a third party. You guarantee that you have obtained permission in a lawful manner from the people who are featured in an illustration entered or uploaded by you and hence you will safeguard and indemnify Dialogic in full against any claim lodged by a third party against Dialogic on account of the unlawful processing of that party’s personal data.
6.3. You must at all times comply with the security requirements, such as by preventing unauthorised access by others to your login. You are therefore the sole party responsible for any use that is made from the website of your computer, IP address and identification details, as well as for the confidentiality thereof.
Article 7 – Access by third parties
In order to be able to process your personal data, we grant our employees access to your personal data to the extent that this is necessary for the processing purposes described.
Article 8 – Applicable law and courts with jurisdiction